POP your heart out.



Book Talk 33: Running With Scissors


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The novel: Running with Scissors-Augusten Burroughs

For the record, I read the whole book on the flight to China, which was about a month ago, and I really can't remember much of the book. And, I forgot to record my thoughts after reading it in my half abandoned, half hearted attempt at a travelogue. So, this is probably a pointless book talk.

Things I do know for sure: I've heard a lot about this book/author, especially the hipster friendlyness of this book (almost matching that of A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius? Possibility, but not a probability.) and David Sedaris comparisons. And, I thought, while I enjoyed the read--slightly twisted, disturbing, not memoir like, with the wit occassionally right on point but lacking the humor every one seems to claim it's filled with--it doesn't meet expectations. I'd still recommend the book as a fun read, but this is more Dave Eggers than David Sedaris.

|

info

About
I like it when you talk to me
Listen, love, buy.
MP3s don't last forever.

songs + words

Subscribe with Bloglines