POP your heart out.



Book Talk 24: Anansi Boys


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The novel: Anansi Boys-Neil Gaiman
The song: Say Anything-Spidersong

Yeah, okay, so I know I should post different artists and read different authors already! This is like the third Say Anything song I've posted, and the third Neil Gaiman book too. But you know what? If this song is fitting, both the name, lyrics and mood for the novel, so fuck it.

I don't even know if I can say anything (ahaha. got it?) anymore. Say Anything is a brilliant, clever band, and really this was the first song that popped up in my head when I finished the novel.

But the book...signature Gaiman, a semi-sequal to American Gods, this time concerning the story teller Anansi's two kids, who could not be more different from one another. While Fat Charlie is the typical, boring, safe office type, his (previously unknown) brother is flashy and extravagant, seemingly inheriting all the charm and magic in the family. Spider manages to ruin Fat Charlie's life in many respects, but when Fat Charlie takes a step toward getting rid of his brother, complications and hilarious and wonderful quests continue.

Gaiman's smart and sharp take on traditional fantasy scenes is great, as usual, and...yes.

|

info

About
I like it when you talk to me
Listen, love, buy.
MP3s don't last forever.

songs + words

Subscribe with Bloglines