POP your heart out.



Book Talk 23: Nonrequired Reading


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The novel: The Best American Nonrequired Reading 2003-edited by Zadie Smith & Dave Eggers

This was such an elclectic collection of...well, everything, really. Which makes this really hard. I enjoyed the majority of the pieces gathered, and it's wonderful exposure to such a diversity of different writers and styles. Many of these articles I would have never found in any other way, and even the foreword was a delight to read. But the crazy blend of words does get a little confusing and jumpy.

So I can't find a song that gets all over the place as this, but I definitely enjoyed the book and for non-required reading, it really should take over some of the worse required reading we have to do.

|

info

About
I like it when you talk to me
Listen, love, buy.
MP3s don't last forever.

songs + words

Subscribe with Bloglines