POP your heart out.



Book Talk 21: Me Talk Pretty One Day


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The novel: Me Talk Pretty One Day-David Sedaris
The "song": David Sedaris-Why Them?

It's Book Talk week! (Since I've fallen behind and all...) So enjoy the rich, creamy literature and the sounds until next week!

So, knowing me, I have this habit of getting into things way too late. I think everyone knows who David Sedaris is except me, and I had to steal his name off You Ain't No Picasso's call for book recommendations. But wow, oh, wow, David Sedaris might just be my new writing hero. I know, it seems like I say that every time (I can't help it that I've been reading such wonderful books!), but he's a hero in a slightly different way than these others. By that, I mean, he's actual laugh out loud funny. There is just nothing quite like clutching a book and shuddering with laughter every two minutes. Drawing strange glances, sure, but also enjoying the hell out of myself. Sedaris turns the most ordinary incidences into hilarious essays, and if you had told me just a year ago that I would adore a collection of personal essays, I would have laughed and said no way. And that's the beauty of this book and him in general.

Such charming, funny wods that flow off the page. So then, I found out that he actually read his own audiobooks and in fact is known as a comedian. And then I realized that in this oh my god moment, he's even stopping at San Diego in October. Of next year? Yeah, it's just a little far off, but already I'm excited. So this little spoken word incident isn't from this book, but from his Live at Carnegie Hall album. And it's funny, and it's great, and once you hear it, you'll understand why David Sedaris is my new writing obsession.

|

info

About
I like it when you talk to me
Listen, love, buy.
MP3s don't last forever.

songs + words

Subscribe with Bloglines