POP your heart out.



Book Talk 6: Nineteen Eighty-Four


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Book 6:Nineteen Eighty-Four-George Orwell
Verdict: it's a classic

For some reason, I never had to read this book in school, but just to ignore this often name dropped, all powerful novel can't happen. So, of course, I checked it out, and now my brain is spinning non-stop with ideas and theories, what power really means, what living really means, what love really means, and what individuality means in a society over-powered by the all mighty and infamous Big Brother. This totally controlled, emotionless, terrifying type society is a familiar vision, presented in anything from Brave New World to This Perfect Day by Ira Levin, but this time the rebel is rebelling against the impossible, and their story--while not the most riveting or emotional, does seem to give the novel credibility as one of those most amazing books of all time type feel. If I tried to analyze anymore, I would just go on forever, so I rather leave off here ...and ponder on my own.

|

info

About
I like it when you talk to me
Listen, love, buy.
MP3s don't last forever.

songs + words

Subscribe with Bloglines