POP your heart out.



For Us, You Need to Be Much Nicer


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The Cardigans-"I Need Some Fine Wine and You, You Need to Be Nicer"

I think I fell in love with this song (and possibly this band) the moment I set my ears on the adorable little thing. To tell you the truth, this is the first time I've heard any Cardigans song. Yes, I kept hearing about them, but some how I never got around to checking them out. And now, I realize that I should always trust the recommendations of others and follow their advice. I think it'd be great if you followed my advice and checked it out, too. Because it's just. So. Damned. Good.

So there's this guitar tingling all over the place, and Miss Cardigan-you-need-to-be-nicer's voice is nicer than I could ask for. It's also got some energy to keep you from getting bored. A mixture of indie pop and twee and pop rock that'll keep you bobbing your head ever so slightly and perhaps humming under your breath. It's perfect for those days in the fall, walking alone through a seluded path, gathering thoughts for the next busy day. Or maybe just for squeezing in the subway, if you're a NYC kind of guy.

Sadly, the new album, Super Extra Gravity isn't available in the U.S. and maybe not the U.K. either. Not even the import. But have patience, and it'll come, and mainwhile ponder and chew on the song.

Sweden has got to be the capital of pop...except that I've yet to post other Swedish artists. I thought I did, but damn it. Expect some this weekend, then, to brighten up your days!

|

info

About
I like it when you talk to me
Listen, love, buy.
MP3s don't last forever.

songs + words

Subscribe with Bloglines