POP your heart out.



In a Submersible I Can Hardly Breathe


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Mew-The Zookeeper's Boy

Mew reminds me of Mae, in name, and a bit in sound. Mew also makes me think of Japan, which Mae also does, for some reason. But Mew is not from Japan--in fact, like many other premier indie pop musicians of our time, they are from Europe. Denmark, to be specific (not Sweden?!). Anyway, they are rather ten times better than Mae could hope to be, and produce such complex, layered pop. Yes, pop, and not prog rock or indie rock, for never have indie rock been so infectious, with such sprinkled sweetness in the vocals and the instruments--with hints of the prog rock in the pushing guitars and melody, yes, but also with precious lyrics and spinning glass circles of blissful pop music.

|

info

About
I like it when you talk to me
Listen, love, buy.
MP3s don't last forever.

songs + words

Subscribe with Bloglines