POP your heart out.



Book Talk 29: The Amazing Adventures...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The Novel: The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay-Michael Chabon
The song: Tilly & the Wall-Rainbows in the Dark

This song really has nothing to do with the book. It's more of an excuse to post this tap-dancing non-stop hyper-active talk-about-everything-in-one-fantastic-song lyrical and stylized indie pop marathon. I guess that could be the description of very many Tilly & the Wall songs, but this one carries that extra glow of stories and faces and personalities, of a hundred careless kids with high hopes for a future. Something like that, anyway. All I know is that tapping, frenzied melody can't really be resisted, and there's a strong sense of adventure--which, I suppose, does connect with the book.

So I've heard a lot of amazing things about this book--after all, Michael Chabon is Largehearted Boy's favorite writer (whose 52 Books idea I most definitely did not rip off. Cough.) And I'm glad--it didn't disappoint. It was a wonderful read that inspired me to pick up a few comic books and look at them from a whole other light. At the moment, my brain's rather frozen and confused and totally not in the right format to comment--and I think there's been enough hype and commentary about it from every other source possible. So I think I'll just say that it's definitely a modern classic and necessary read. Dear Amazon have the plot/crazy reviews covered.

|

info

About
I like it when you talk to me
Listen, love, buy.
MP3s don't last forever.

songs + words

Subscribe with Bloglines