POP your heart out.



Drifting Through the Winters


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Pilotdrift-Winter

Every time I hear the beginning of this song, my mind just screams "The Appleseed Cast!" over and over again. But Pilotdrift doesn't really sound like the Appleseed Cast. They're more of the experimental, textured, Broken Social Scene type cast.

Anyway, you know how I am with bells and pretty twinkling sounds. There's a melancholy and despair here present in few other songs. The guitars, and the voice, and the background rings all flow together so beautifully. It actually brings the atmosphere of winter to your ears, just not the Christmas/let's make a snowman and sing carols aspects of it. Something about it is also hopelessly romantic, perhaps it's the dangling arpeggios and soothing keyboards I hear in the background. And you know what makes it even better? The album, Iter Facere, from which this song comes is out of print and totally exclusive. Grab the song while you can!

Early notice: in November I will be doing something totally insane (read: NaNoWriMo). More details on...Monday, probably, but I think you should all check out the madness and see if you want to be a part of it! It's totally worth it and spine tingling fun.

|

info

About
I like it when you talk to me
Listen, love, buy.
MP3s don't last forever.

songs + words

Subscribe with Bloglines