POP your heart out.



I Just Don't Know What it Was


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The Starting Line-Bedroom Talk

I come back from my no music adventure and what do I post to express all that I've learned? Obviously...guilty pleasure pop punk/femo, because that's what we all need in our lives. A small soundtrack to each moment in time, a song to forget real life, to float into that other world of long crushes and sex, and confused boys with suggestive girls by their sides.

Hey, don't scoff and look away just because you see the three diasterous words--The Starting Line. Because, really, this song is amazing. I mean, it is really amazing. Because this track, this very one that I know you're about to download and blast from your favorite media player and iPod, happens to be my number one most played song.

No kidding. Why? I have no idea. Perhaps it's his pseudo emo teenage voice, that rawness that comes iwth being a pretty white emo boy star, and those innocent but somehow frightening lyrics, perhaps it's the ability of those guitar lines and that chorus to stick in your head for days on end, so that you feel the need to put it on repeat and dance about until your ears explode. Perhaps it's the fact that the song is 4:04 long. Perhaps it's just the fact that the subject matter is so relatable...

Wait. Those lyrics aren't that relatable! "I'm going to tear your ass up like we just got married and you're all mine now"? And...and...I don't understand, either! But maybe you do, and maybe you can help me figure out just what it is about this song, and only this song, that it's been played almost twice as much as, say, Death Cab for Cutie or Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. And I'm still not sick of it.

And what's even more confusing...this may be the only Starting Line song I find myself enjoying. Is it magic? Is it just the popist inside of me screaming for a song that I can recite the lyrics to without reading them in the first place? All that I know for sure, is that I don't know.

|

info

About
I like it when you talk to me
Listen, love, buy.
MP3s don't last forever.

songs + words

Subscribe with Bloglines