POP your heart out.



We Write Books (to Scare You)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The Books-"Take Time"

This is insane, beautiful, mesmerizing, innovative, inspirational, adorable experimental music. Un-fucking-believable. You know how we usually don't go for this experimental/abstract stuff? Well, this is experimental POP. It's innocent and dark and charming. It's light hearted and depressing at the same moment. It's a new world, it's a new universe, even. I mean, The Books just takes everything you expect an instrument or a voice to do and toss it out the window in a smooth curve. And it introduces you to a new realm of appreciation without being ear curdling difficult to take in. It's got a melody! It's got a human voice! It's got weird stuff and makes it great! Yes, okay, it's a little pretencious at times, but name me an indie band that isn't! I thought so.

Which brings me to my next point (or, the song/band name brings me to my next point. Hey, I'm allowed a little pun room!). Remember how I sort of talked about what's going on in November? Well, now, if you're wondering, here's a detailed description and also what's going to happen for this blog.

Hey, look! A hidden message! We bide you a happy Halloween (our favorite Holiday EVER) and a terrifying night!


Yes, I'll be writing a 100,000 words novel next month for NaNoWriMo, and yes, the standard is 50,000 but I type at an unnatural pace, so I want a challenge. And also a longer book just looks better. That is, of course, adding on to school work and blog work and everything else. So bear with me if I start ranting or typing gibberish (or even...gasp! Missing a post now and then when the word count is tight and time is ticking). Also, I don't have enough time to scout out new music as well. I know, I'm so sorry!

But wait! I will be posting some not so recent songs. Old music is good music, too! These won't be songs I already know you know. Don't worry. These might be bands that are no longer with up (R.I.P.), bands you might have missed, or songs by bands that you know that you might have missed. Make sense? Just trust me on this. I'll be posting great music. What I won't do, however, is post as much about it. Expect short line descriptions, and the rest of the post will probably be me filling you in on how many words I managed to churn out (yawn). If I'm feeling generous, I might even post a little excerpt. Maybe.

Don't think of it as me abandoning you for a month. Think of it as more time for me to spent on you for the rest of the year.

And, if you read this far and you're still interested...what crazy type of novel am I going to write? The truth is, I'm not sure yet. I have a general idea (something about some band making some music that makes people go insane and blah blah blah) and I know there will be blood. There will be gore. There will be deaths and various painful instruments. Other than that, no characters, no outline, no real setting. Let's see if I can pull it off...and wish me luck for the biggest marathon of the year!

|

info

About
I like it when you talk to me
Listen, love, buy.
MP3s don't last forever.

songs + words

Subscribe with Bloglines