POP your heart out.



Book Talk 39: Wonder Boys


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The novel: Wonder Boys-Michael Chabon

Having read the Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay plus part of Summerland before this, I did not expect this from Michael Chabon, at all. That is to say, I expected the (as usual) wonderful prose and style, and the quirky characters with true personality. I did not expect this sort of plot and structure. This near stream of conscious type narrator, fast paced, bizarre events unfolding in rather mesmerizing sequence. This witty, pseudo ironic look at a stoned writer and his gay editor best friend, filled with genius writing and assorted Chabon brilliance. This glimpse at the heart of writing through snippets of the narrator's adventures, this developed, fantastic book that I rather recommend to everyone, ever.

|

info

About
I like it when you talk to me
Listen, love, buy.
MP3s don't last forever.

songs + words

Subscribe with Bloglines