POP your heart out.



You're a Prisoner Trapped Between Its Claws


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The Dead Milkmen-Big Deal

This song echoes my sentiments currently with scary precision. The blah blah blah g-u-i-t-a-r-s and knowing, careless lyrics and all. Life sucks. Then you die. Big deal, indeed. There are several g-u-i-t-a-r solos, but not the heavy metal type but the melodic and fitting sort that serves both as background and attention snapping detail. It's soothing to listen to, despite its speedy rhythm, somehow, everything feels detached and slowed down. And then it gets reassuring--and I'm smiling and somehow it's all going to be alright.

I could have skipped the post today...but the more I have to do, the less I want to do it. Save this song. At some point in your life, it'll cheer you up more than Elliot Smith or sickening sweet twee pop or the Flaming Lips ever could. Yeah, even this sort of dusty pop-punk can have that effect. And it's...kind of a big deal.

|

info

About
I like it when you talk to me
Listen, love, buy.
MP3s don't last forever.

songs + words

Subscribe with Bloglines