POP your heart out.



I Just Want to Feel the Taste of the Meal


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Mates of State-Beautiful Dreamer

So I have to admit, I'm not familiar with the Mates of State's older material. All I knew was that I heard one song, and adored it, and had to get the new album immediately.

And apparenly--I can't refrain from talking about this...sorry--they're a husband and wife duo who uses the keyboard and drums as the sole instruments, most of the time. The songs are indie pop catchy and sweet and romantic of the highest caliber, but with their unique instrumentation and their wonderful vocal harmonies, these layers of sounds and melodies, lyrics and bridges, everything pieces together to pure delight.

Edit: and before I forget again...insanity over at Threadless with their 48 hours 10 bucks an indie rock shirt sale thingy...I got wrapped up in the craze and so the post went up a little late. But that's okay. Check it out if you're feeling fashionable/hipster/scene/artsy...it's too bad this one:

Threadless.com Product - Midnight Snack


is already sold out in the girls' sizes...but I can always hope for the reprint. Anyway. That's that.

|

info

About
I like it when you talk to me
Listen, love, buy.
MP3s don't last forever.

songs + words

Subscribe with Bloglines