POP your heart out.



Never Say Never


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The Fiery Furnaces-Nevers

I never bought into the Blueberry Boat crazy in '04, and I managed to stay away from Rehearsing My Choir due to every review beating on its experimental nature, but this time around, I can't really avoid the Fiery Furnaces anymore. And, so I went ahead and checked out a song (no, not the one I'm posting). And, it was, really, really, really amazing. Catchy in all the right places, with the right amount of unconventional effects and such to make it stand out, and suddenly I could understand what all the craze had been about.

So, now, I couldn't resist the new album. Which, although I have nothing to compare it to, sounds rather fantastic. It's the sort of off beat, out of world indie pop with the right amount of everything squeezed in, so that it becomes a splattered modern painting full of disturbances and pop sensibilites to match.

This song is such the perfect fairies jumping, wings in awkward shapes, neon lights in the backdrop fantasy fairy tale. The experimental touches only add to the charm of the band and their sound.

|

info

About
I like it when you talk to me
Listen, love, buy.
MP3s don't last forever.

songs + words

Subscribe with Bloglines