POP your heart out.



the most fun you'll ever have...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So let's start out with something happy and catchy and...well, I know I've posted quite a bit of pop punk already, but this song is so energetic that I can't not share it. The band is the Matches, whom you may or may not have heard of but should listen to. Actually, this is the only song I've heard by them, but it's so great that I'm sure all they're other songs are great...but don't take my word, listen for yourself!
The Matches (YouShareIt link)

It has also been brought to my attention that there are people in this world who have not heard of the classics. Velvet Underground, Pixies, that type of thing. So I'm going to educate all of you ignorant souls, and we'll start with a classic from the VU, otherwise known as the band that started it all.
Velvet Underground

I don't know much about What Made Milwaukee Famous, but I do know that this song by them is incredibly cool. It's sing along, stuck in your head, but there's also something undeniably indie about their music. Hmm.
What Made Milkwakee Famous

The Decemberists has got some new music out. Even though you've probably already heard Engine Driver, it's still my favorite song off the CD. Come on, it's got a line that says "I am a writer, writer of fictions..." Who can resist?
Decemberists (YouShareIt link)

Beck also got a new CD, and Guero (the title track) is really interesting. You should all know by now that this CD sounds more like Odelay, but less grungier. This song has got a really interesting background, with people constantly calling Guero, which, in case you didn't know, means "white boy". Only Beck, right?
Beck (YouShareIt link)

So I just realized that I have not yet presented you with hardcore punx rock...which is sad. So lemme think for a moment...how about some classic T.S.O.L.? That'll make you rebel like nothing else can. Well...no, but it's still an awesome song.
T.S.O.L.

Speaking of hardcore punx rock, I'm getting sick of people not understand what EMO is. It's not Taking Back Sunday, The Used, or even (*gasp*) My Chemical Romance or Hawthorne Heights. Without discussing the ability of forementioned musicians, I'll just leave it that those are pop rock or screamo bands, and in fact have nothing to do with emo. Let's go back to a classic emo band, the Rites of Spring. Listen and learn the true nature of what emotional hardcore is all about.
Rites of Spring (YouShareIt link)

There ya go, seven, a lucky number. Have fun, and one last thing. While going on this uploading spree I've decided to upload a complete CD as well. Want it? All you have to do is to leave a comment. Seriously. Include your email. I'm not going to tell you what CD it is, but I promise that it's amazing. Enjoy :).

|

info

About
I like it when you talk to me
Listen, love, buy.
MP3s don't last forever.

songs + words

Subscribe with Bloglines